BY DAVID ECK
LEBANON -- Two Franklin juveniles suspected of phoning a bomb threat to Franklin High School this month have denied the charges in Warren County Juvenile Court.
One suspect is under house arrest. That student, a 17-year-old senior, was charged with felony inducing panic and making a false alarm, a misdemeanor.
He was arraigned in juvenile court Wednesday, assistant county prosecutor Andy Sievers said.
Franklin assistant superintendent Bill Wood said the boy has been expelled from school.
Another student, also 17, was charged with complicity to felony inducing panic.
He was arraigned earlier this week, Mr. Sievers said. That student remains free.
The denials are equivalent to not-guilty pleas in adult court. Both cases are scheduled for pretrial hearings Oct. 29.
The bomb threat was made Oct. 1 from a pay phone in the school and was determined to be a hoax.
A student in the school office received the bomb threat shortly before noon. The school was safely evacuated. Classes were disrupted about two hours while the school was checked, and students were dismissed about 10 minutes early.
"One of (the suspects) has been placed on house arrest," Mr. Sievers said. "Mainly (he's) required to stay at home," and if he leaves, he is required to be "in the presence of a parent or guardian, or with permission of the court."
When a juvenile is under house arrest, "the parents have a responsibility of monitoring that," Mr. Sievers said. "Generally (judges) leave it up to the parents."