Friday, November 12, 1999
A Generation Jones quiz
If you know that the first video that aired on MTV was the Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star, you may be a member of Generation Jones. What else do you remember?
1. The classic mall of Jonesers 1980s culture first made famous as the epicenter of Valley Girls, then featured in the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High shut down in 1999. What was its name?
2. The Big Three of our mid-1980's music culture were all born in 1958. Name them.
3. One song overwhelmingly ended the most high school dances across America in the 70's. Name that tune.
4. What did Joneser Brooke Shields have between her and her Calvins?
5. Yeah, Jonesers were the Sweathogs of Welcome Back Kotter. How many do you remember?
6. What rumor about Mikey (from Life cereal adds) fizzed among Jonesers in the 1970s?
7. We were the first generation of kids with video games. What was the beloved original?
8. A Joneser played the title role in the made-for-TV movie, The Boy in the Plastic Bubble? Who was he?
9. Three movies with ensemble generational casts were released at the same time in the mid-1980s. The Big Chill for Boomers, The Breakfast Club for Xers. Which one for Jonesers?
10. Which actress in what movie inspired the torn sweatshirt/bare shoulder/leg warmer look among Jonesers in the 1980s?
1. The Galleria.
2. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince.
3. Stairway to Heaven.
5. Barbarino, Epstein, Boom-Boom, Horshack.
6. He supposedly died from drinking soda with Pop Rocks.
8. John Travolta.
9. St. Elmo's Fire
10. Jennifer Beals, Flashdance.
Our children being robbed of innocence
School chief under fire steps down
Schools reopen with extra caution
Children's Hospital expansion passes halfway point
Hamilton reviving 'Little Chicago'
Little Chicago: An early chronology
Refusal of vaccine leads to controversy
A time to thank veterans
Bauer back home to honor veterans
Internet tax ban disputed
Legislator vows to press reform
Low cost kept unlicensed day care busy
NKU breaks ground for science center
Police panel to review Carpenter shooting
Police to target unbuckled children
Water main break closes Third Street
A Generation Jones quiz
Who is Generation Jones?
Enter our Dress A Turkey contest
For movers, no place like home
GET TO IT
Keb' Mo' a spellbinder
Accused bank robber caught
Bush hints Voinovich on list for running mate
Counting homeless is beyond numbers
Covington taking bids for stable
Deerfield trustee to run for state seat
Kids' raking leaves brings joy to needy
Ky. officials urge quality growth
Ludlow agonizes over sparse budget
Springdale honors past officials and volunteers
T-shirts relate messages of abuse victims
Truck ban puts 2 villages at odds
Wyoming life squad, fire services likely to fuse