Thursday, July 27, 2000

Stove fire destroys home; firefighter injured




By
The Cincinnati Enquirer

        FRANKLIN — Food left cooking on a stove sparked a fire late Monday that destroyed a home in the 800 block of Union Road and sent a Franklin firefighter to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.

        Firefighter Jim Holland of Franklin was treated at Middletown Regional Hospital and released. There were no other injuries.

        Firefighters were called to the fire shortly after 11 p.m. Monday and found the two-story house fully engulfed, said Franklin Firefighter Nancy Coppock.

        The home was declared a total loss, with a damage estimate near $100,000.

        Neither Connie Phillips, the owner, nor her two children were home when the fire broke out.

        The family is receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.

        “We are providing for emergency food and clothing,” said Sean Townsley, spokesman for the Cincinnati chapter of the American Red Cross. “They are staying with relatives.”

        Firefighters from Carlisle and Franklin Township assisted Franklin.

        Crews were on the scene for about five hours, Ms. Coppock said.

       



Norwood mayor facing charges
Big Powerball winners check in, punch out
Ujima celebrates heritage
Bush to visit without Cheney
GOP abortion stance could set off convention floor fight
Holcomb's funeral a sad, spectacular farewell
Party chief backs Holcomb assistant
PULFER: Teacher dress code a poor fit
Traffic is about to improve
I-71 lanes will ease congestion
County to give back $4.2M
Gun owned by family missing
UC helps Crete with tourism
GET TO IT
Hoop dreamers shoot for the sky
No Betts on it, but Allman show rocks
Pig Parade: Pork-opulence
Who should be cast away?
KNIPPENBERG: Wrestling school owner tightens his hold on Hollywood
KIESEWETTER: Network puts too much blue in 'Baby Blues'
Drums and bugles will battle here
Gene research at Children's provides clue to lung disease
Hamilton presses railroads to fix crossings
Interstate 75 wreck sends van driver to hospital
Local Digest
Man gets 15 years for child rape
Overtime strains Covington budget
Pharmacist's killer denied parole
Priceless film gets new home
- Stove fire destroys home; firefighter injured
Summer lesson: helping others