(This week/Last week)
1. (-) We Were the Mulvaneys, Joyce Carol Oates.(Plume, $13.95) The disintegration of a family after a daughter is raped; current Oprah's Book Club selection.
2. (3) House of Sand and Fog, Andre Dubus (Vintage; $14) Latest Oprah Book Club pick. Three fragile and determined people relentlessly entangled in an escalating crisis.
3. (1) Brethren, John Grisham (Island Books; $7.99) Three disgraced former judges in federal prison and their machinations.
4. (5) The Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier. (Plume; $12) Novel uses Vermeer's portrait as starting point.
5. (-)The Red Tent, Anita Diamant. (Picador, $14) New view of Dinah, who appears briefly in the Book of Genesis.
6. (-) The Attorney, Steve Martini (Jove, $7.99) Paul Madriani is back, taking on the case of an elderly man in terrible straits. 7.(9)The Cat Who Robbed a Bank, Lilian Jackson Braun (Jove; $6.99). Qwilleran and his cats investigate the murder of a jewel dealer.
8. () O Is for Outlaw, Sue Grafton (Ballantine; $7.99) Millhone tries to clear ex-husband's name.
9. (10) A Day Late and a Dollar Short, Terry McMillan (Viking; $25.95). Centers on working-class matriarch, her estranged husband and their four grown children.
10.(-) Hunting Badger, Tony Hillerman (HarperCollins, $7.50) Leaphorn and Chee go into action after a killing at a casino.
(This week/Last week)
1. (-) God Save the Sweet Potato Queens, Jill Conner Browne (Three Rivers Press, $12.95) Naughty ladies of Jackson, Mississippi share feisty stories of men, sex, alcohol, and food.
2. The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love, Jill Conner Browne (Three Rivers Press,$12.00) The original adventures of the bawdy Jackson Mississipi bunch.
3. (10) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, Don Miguel Ruiz (Amber-Allen; $12.95) A surgeon by training turns from science and concentrates on his spirituality.
4. (3) Who Moved My Cheese? Spencer Johnson (Putnam; $19.95) Dealing with change at work and in life.
5. (6) The O'Reilly Factor, Bill O'Reilly (Broadway; $23) The Good, the Bad and the Completely Ridiculous in American Life.
6. ()Ice Bound, Jerri Nielsen(Talk Miramax Books, $23.95) Memoir: Doctor, stationed in Antarctica, battles breast cancer.
7. (-) Life Makeovers, Cheryl Richardson( Broadway, $21.95) Improving your life one week at a time.
8. (-) Big Pig Gig Celebrating Pigs in the City, foreword by Laura Pulfer (Orange Frazer Press; $34.95) Descriptions and color photos of all the piggies that were on display as of July 15.
9. (8) A Short Guide to a Happy Life, Anna Quindlen (Random House; $12.95) Reflections on living a full life.
10.(-) I'll Cook When Pigs Fly, (Junior League, $19.95) Junior League cookbook in relation to the Big Pig Gig with cover by Jim Borgman.