The Associated Press
LIMA - Four teenagers ate a toxic hallucinogenic weed and were in critical condition Friday, with two on life support, authorities said.
The four Shawnee High School students, ages 17 and 18, late Thursday night consumed the seed of the jimson weed, said Shawnee Township police Chief Richard Kohli.
The poisonous, flowering weed - commonly found in farm fields - can cause hallucinations, nausea, blurred vision, convulsions and bring on a coma if ingested.
Kohli said the seed is the most toxic part of the plant.
The students were taken to St. Rita's Medical Center Friday.
Overnight storm causes heavy damage in Warren Co.
Rape victim jailed; accused freed
Injured athlete voted homecoming king
Strikers ready for long haul
2 families get $3.1M for claims
IN THE TRISTATE
Brand new on the menu: freshly painted Big Mac
Catholic schools scramble to reverse slide
'Survivor' sags in Cincinnati
Let's all talk about education
Catholic teachers mostly disagree with Ky. firing
School to open new building
Tests show bacteria in Loveland school water
27 home sick after ruling on overtime
School reunion unites West Side
Bronson: Letting the homeless be squatters is inhumane
Howard: Good Things Happening
Faith matters: Families fight death penalty
McNutt: Marker dedication gives Black Brigade limelight
BUTLER, WARREN, CLERMONT
Crunch time near for Apple Festival
Cities to debate mall aid
Fernald projects shut down
Warren college director picks awaited
Richard Langenbeck, 80, was retired lawyer
Librarian Althea Lazenby found adventure in India
ACLU sues over executions
Ohio's grid recorded at least 64 glitches
Cemetery offers free burial plot
State fair director resigns under fire
4 teens critical from bad weed
Bush leads all comers in Ohio
Pipeline project fined for violations
Pfeifer wins GOP nod - and nays
Workers hustle, boy gets heart
Fletcher health-care plan pushes Rx reform
Kentucky News Briefs
Governor debate at NKU
Do you know this donkey? He's lost and needs a home
Bishop backs diocese report
New school lunch program: Staff visits parents' homes
Lexington smoking ban halted
Kentucky To Go