The Cincinnati Enquirer
Six people were hospitalized Monday in separate carbon monoxide poisoning incidents on both sides of the Ohio River.
In Northern Kentucky, two teenage girls were recovering from an early morning carbon monoxide leak that left them unconscious in their home in the 400 block of Fifth Street in Dayton.
The girls' parents found them. The girls regained consciousness after being administered oxygen, and they were taken to Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati for treatment. The parents were also sickened by the fumes, but did not require hospitalization. Bellevue-Dayton fire officials were still investigating the source Monday night.
In Cincinnati, four people were taken to University Hospital on Monday afternoon after being found unconscious in a North Avondale residence. Firefighters responded about 2:45 p.m. to the house in the 1000 block of Dana Avenue.
District Fire Chief Anson Turley said high levels of carbon monoxide were detected, and fire investigators and city building inspectors later determined a faulty furnace was the source.
"They're doing well," Turley said of the people who had been hospitalized.
Bronson: It snowed, and somehow we survived
Retired justice a candidate to lead 37,000 union workers
Ohio's largest library applauded
TOP LOCAL HEADLINES
Taft's address will set agenda
N.H. primary may thin herd
NKU still hoping funds available for building
Historic Rawson estate could be subdivided
Sled hill crashes to a close
Salt trucks prep for icy streets
Wife indicted in fatal stabbing
Creation museum expects crowds
Crestview Hills puts merger to rest
Judge: Release video
Three staffers win KPA awards
CO poisoning hospitalizes six
Church to show documentary
Highway funding bill would give Ohio more
U.S. Secret Service won't review cop tape
Priest won't return to duties after court
Future firefighters learn by battling the real thing
Summit high schoolers return to campus today
Open houses at Catholic schools
River Road bypass to open
Psychologist advocates for the less fortunate
Wal-Mart rezoning vote set tonight
United Way donors hailed
Hospital unit wins magazine plaudit
Dr. Virginia Kratz practiced since '47
Andrew Brady, 89, West Hi band legend