Mona L. Bronson-Fuqua
The Cincinnati Enquirer
1. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown (Doubleday; $24.95) Murder leads to clues in the works of Leonardo.
2. The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom (Hyperion; $19.95) Maintenance man's life is explained by people he meets in heaven.
3. The Last Juror, John Grisham (Doubleday; $27.95) A look at justice in a small Mississippi town.
4. 3rd Degree, James Patterson and Andrew Gross (Little Brown; $26.95) Women's Murder Club solves crimes that strike close to their heart.
5. The Lady and the Unicorn, Tracy Chevalier (Dutton; $23.95) Story of the six Lady and Unicorn tapestries.
6. The Birth of Venus, Sarah Dunant (Random House; $21.95) A woman must choose between her passions: art or artist.
7. High Country, Nevada Barr (Putnam ; $24.95) Park ranger investigates disappearance of employees.
8. The Well of Lost Plots, Jasper Fforde (Viking; $24.95) Expectant Thursday Next fights literary fiends, literally.
9. Absolute Friends, John Le Carre (Little Brown; $26.95) Spy author's novel takes an anti-Iraq war twist.
10. The Amateur Marriage, Anne Tyler (Knopf; $24.95) Life and death of a marriage.
1. The South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D. (Rodale; $24.95).
2. The Purpose-Driven Life, Rick Warren (Zondervan; $19.99).
3. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Laura Schlessinger (HarperCollins; $24.95) Women mistreat their men and suffer results.
4. Deliver Us From Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism, Sean Hannity (Regan Books; $26.95) Commentary.
5. The World According to Mr. Rogers, Fred Rogers (Hyperion; $16.95).
6. American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush, Kevin Phillips (Viking; $25.95) A scathing look at the Bush family.
7. The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the Education of Paul O'Neill, Ron Suskind (Simon & Schuster; $26) A White House insider tells all.
8. Give Me A Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media ..., John Stossel (HarperCollins; $24.95)
9. A Short Guide to a Happy Life, Anna Quindlen (Random House; $12.95) Author's life lessons.
10. The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich, David Bach (Broadway; $19.95)
1. The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd (Penguin; $14) A teen tries to discover her mother's past.
2. Life of Pi, Yann Martel (Harvest; $14) A boy and a tiger are thrown together in a lifeboat at sea.
3. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides (Picador; $15) A Greek hermaphrodite and how it happened.
4. The Master Butchers Singing Club, Louise Erdrich (Perennial; $13.95) Love, death and redemption after World War I.
5. Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier (Plume; $14) Based on the life of Dutch painter Johannes Vermeer.
6. #1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith (Anchor; $11.95) Series starring private eye Precious Ramotswe.
7. Cold Mountain, Charles Frazier (Vintage; $14.95) A Confederate deserter fights to return to the past he knew.
8. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, Lorna Landvik (Ballantine; $13.95) Five female friends and three decades of life's travails.
9. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Perennial; $14) Author's life journey.
10. The Dante Club, Matthew Pearl (Random House; $13.95) Murders mirror Dante's Inferno.
1. The Devil in the White City, Eric Larson (Vintage; $14.95) Murder at the Chicago's World's Fair.
2. Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books, Azar Nafisi (Random House; $13.95) A skillful blend of memoir and literary criticism.
3. 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, Patricia Schultz (Workman; $18.95). Guide to out-of-the-way places.
4. What to Expect When You're Expecting, Heidi E Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee Hathaway (Workman; $13.95)
5. Nickel and Dimed, Barbara Ehrenreich (Owl; $13) Financial exploitation of the working class.
6. Tuesdays With Morrie, Mitch Albom (Broadway; $12.95) Life lessons from a dying teacher.
7. Touching the Void, Joe Simpson (Perennial; $12.95) Near death in the Peruvian Andes.
8. The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2004, World Almanac Editors (World Almanac; $11.95)
9. Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2004, Birnbaum (editors) (Disney; $16.95)
10. Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling, Ross King (Penguin; $15) The story behind the masterpiece.
Based on reporting from independent booksellers of the Great Lakes Booksellers Association, Upper Midwest Booksellers Association and Book Sense for week ended March 7.
Irish eyes shine on tradition
How Cincinnati Irish are you?
McBride, McEntire headline Stampede II
'American Idol' puts 12 finalists on stage
Kraft: Celebrities make bracelets popular
Pops swirls to festive Latin beat
TV's best bets
Dada to feature new music at Mad Frog
Best sellers: What's hot in the Tristate