1. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown (Doubleday; $24.95) Murder leads to clues in the works of Leonardo.
2. Glorious Appearing, Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins (Tyndale House; $24.99) Life as we know it comes to an end.
3. The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom (Hyperion; $19.95) Maintenance man's life is explained by people he meets in heaven.
4. The Princes of Ireland, Edward Rutherfurd (Doubleday; $27.95) First volume of an Emerald Isle-focused series.
5. The Last Juror, John Grisham (Doubleday; $27.95) A look at justice in a small Mississippi town.
6. The Birth of Venus, Sarah Dunant (Random House; $21.95) A woman must choose between her passions: art or artist.
7. Guardian of the Horizon, Elizabeth Peters (Morrow; $24.95) A visit to the city of Lost Oasis.
8. Can You Keep a Secret?, Sophie Kinsella (Dial; $21.95) Emma is thrust into a world of fairy tales, secrets and deceit.
9. Whisker of Evil, Rita Mae Brown (Bantam; $24.95) A tale of talking animals and homicidal humans.
10. Angels and Demons, Dan Brown (Atria; $19.95) Scientist tries to solve a murder caught between the Illuminati and the Catholic Church.
1. Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror, Richard Clarke (Free Press; $27).
2. The South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D. (Rodale; $24.95).
3. The Purpose-Driven Life, Rick Warren (Zondervan; $19.99).
4. The Sexy Years: Discover the Hormone Connection - The Secret to Fabulous Sex, Great Health, and Vitality, for Women and Men, Suzanne Somers (Crown Publishers; $25).
5. Ten Minutes from Normal, Karen Hughes (Viking; $25.95) Inside the White House with the president's former adviser.
6. The Other Man, Michael Bergin (Regan Books; $25.95) Carolyn Bessette's suitor talks.
7. The World According to Mr. Rogers, Fred Rogers (Hyperion; $16.95) His wit and wisdom.
8. Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, Al Franken (Dutton; $24.95) Franken takes on politics.
9. Deliver Us From Evil, Sean Hannity (Regan Books; $26.95) Conservative commentary.
10. The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura Schlessinger (HarperCollins; $24.95) Marital advice.
1. The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd (Penguin; $14) A teen tries to discover her mother's past.
2. Life of Pi, Yann Martel (Harvest; $14) A boy and a tiger are thrown together in a lifeboat at sea.
3. Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides (Picador; $15) A Greek hermaphrodite and how it happened.
4. The Kalahari Typing School for Men, Alexander McCall Smith (Anchor/Doubleday; $11.95) Fourth installment in the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency series.
5. The Master Butchers Singing Club, Louise Erdrich (Perennial; $13.95) Love, death and redemption after World War I.
6. #1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith (Anchor; $11.95) Series starring private eye Precious Ramotswe.
7. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, Lorna Landvik (Ballantine; $13.95) Five female friends and three decades of life's travails.
8. One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Perennial; $14) Author's life journey.
9. The Dante Club, Matthew Pearl (Random House; $13.95) Murders mirror Dante's Inferno.
10. Morality for Beautiful Girls, Alexander McCall Smith (Anchor, $11.95) Ramotswe tangles with a feral child, the finalists in a beauty pageant and a suspicious cook.
1. The Devil in the White City, Eric Larson (Vintage; $14.95) Murder shadows the Chicago World's Fair.
2. Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books, Azar Nafisi (Random House; $13.95) A skillful blend of memoir and literary criticism.
3. The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Counter, Arthur Agatston, M.D. (Rodale; $7.99)
4. The Red Hat Society, Sue Ellen Cooper (Warner; $12.95) New "bible" for women of a certain age.
5. 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, Patricia Schultz (Workman; $18.95) Guide to out-of-the-way places.
6. MoveOn's 50 Ways to Love Your Country, MoveOn.org (Eds.) (Inner Ocean; $10.95) A handbook for civic activism.
7. Abraham, Bruce Feiler (Perennial; $12.95) Biography of the man revered in Christianity, Islam and Judaism.
8. Tuesdays With Morrie, Mitch Albom (Broadway; $12.95) Life lessons from a dying teacher.
9. Rand McNally Road Atlas: United States, Canada & Mexico, Rand McNally (Ed.) (Rand McNally; $11.95) Tons of maps
10. Moneyball, Michael Lewis (Norton; $13.95) How to win at baseball on a tight budget.
Based on reporting from independent booksellers of the Great Lakes Booksellers Association, Upper Midwest Booksellers Association and Book Sense for week ended April 4.
they do the right thing?
Naked' quick, refreshing
will host discussions for On the Same Page readers
sellers: What's hot in the Midwest
claims dog Beckham
King statue coming to hometown
glad 'Kill Bill' turned into a double date
Get to it: Disabled history discussion